Friday, April 16, 2021

Move BHC

Triple B had a great run of records back in 2019, and it really revived my love of new hardcore bands. Since then I keep going back to the Triple B well looking for that same thrill, but for the past year they haven't delivered too much that interested me. Not sure if they are "going Bridge Nine" on us, but what was once a label that had me looking forward to what discovery they would serve up, now just leaves me feeling confused. Their preorders still seem to sell out within hours, so apparently they still have an audience...it just isn't me. Triple B still delivered the Ecostrike album and Mindforce EP last year, so the label isn't a total loss... and because of that, I still will check out their new releases in hopes that I'll find something cool.
When I first saw the announcement for the Move 7 inch, I was expecting something similar to Anxious, but I soon discovered that this record is not that style. Move have no soft edges and they wield thier progressive politics like a fucking sword. This is raw and angry shit, and when I'm feeling pissed off at the madness of the world, Move deliver exactly what I want.
Given how quickly Triple B sells out of their most limited pressings, I was kind of surprised that I was able to get my order in for the purple vinyl. Limited to 100.

No comments: