Thursday, April 22, 2021

My Generations

Man, when Revelation dropped the Generations comp in 2005, it was the end of a long drought from that label. For years REV released stuff from bands like Curl Up And Die, Shai Hulud and Since By Man, and I wanted nothing to do that shit. The label was dead to me for new releases, but with this comp, suddenly they were showing signs of life in a big way.
Generations features a lot of hardcore heavy hitters from that time period making this a crucial comp to pick up back in the day. Plus there are a ton of exclusive songs here, so where a lot of comps fade to obscurity, this one still feels important and it is one that I still reach for today. The Robot Whales track is probably the most underrated song on here... it still gives me a charge everytime I hear it.
Of course when Generations was orginally released I only bought the CD version. When I recently saw a first press on blue vinyl available from a Discogs seller that I was already loading up my cart with records from them, I knew it was time to finally buy this on a proper format... plus it was much cheaper than the current grey vinyl that is available now from REV, so it only made sense to buy this. 550 on blue vinyl.

1 comment:

Willem RWHAF said...

cool compilation, remember ordering from REV directly, when shipping was still cheap and customs tolerant...