Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Tygers Of Crazy Nights

I love the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal. There is a youthful charm and attitude with those bands that I find exciting and even though that scene only existed for a relatively short period of time, there still seems to be a never ending supply of underground bands to still discover. Sometimes I get so busy running around and checking out small and obscure NWOBHM bands that only ever released a single 7 inch, and I forget that I still need albums from some of the bigger names from that era.
Despite being one of the bigger NWOBHM bands, I really wasn't familiar with Tygers Of Pan Tang back in the 80's. The band was just a year or two before my time, and with an ocean separating us, Tygers never made it onto my radar as a kid. I don't think that I really heard them until sometime after 2000, when I started to really check out what the NWOBHM hype was all about. I liked Tygers Of Pan Tang when I first heard them, but it wasn't until the last few years that I really started to get a deep appreciation for the band. I'm only familiar with their first three albums, as the general opinion is that things get a bit more commercial after that, and the last one that I needed was their third album, Crazy Nights, from 1981.
Tygers Of Pan Tang were on a tear at the start of their career, and their third album is just as important and vital as their first two. The song Never Satisfied has got a hook that grabs me everytime I hear it... one of my favorite Tygers songs. When I started looking to finally pick up a copy, I had to go with the pressing that included a bonus two song 12 inch. So good!

No comments: