Sunday, April 18, 2021

Phenobarbital Mosh

Earlier this year, Marcus over at The Endless Quest posted about a couple of Drug Test records and it got me thinking about those records from the early 2000's that have been buried by time and dust. I mean, I rarely pull this stuff out for a spin... and it just seems that most people overlook this stuff. A lot of times it seems that people only care about the latest hyped band, or classics from the 80's, and a lot of stuff in between gets pushed aside and forgotten. I tend to get a charge out of collecting records that no one cares about, so when Marcus posted two great looking Drug Test records, it prompted me to hit Discogs and see what I could find for the band.
I was kind of out of touch with hardcore in the early 2000's, and I missed out on a lot of those bands at the time. Even with the great cover art for the Needle In Your Neck 7 inch, I somehow allowed the record to slip by me for years, until I picked up the green vinyl in 2010. 10 years later, I felt compelled to buy another pressing with this yellow copy.
This record was a blast to revisit. It is harsh and uncompromising from start to finish.

2 comments:

mcs said...

So happy to see that I am still a bad / good influence.

Mike said...

I need to start using a "Marcus Influence" tag on these posts....