Sunday, April 11, 2021

Pink Beyond Recognition

Twelve years ago Marcus posted about the Life Time album from Rollins Band. He was attracted to the special pink vinyl, and his enthusiasm was contagious so that I found myself wanting to grab a copy as well. It took some time, but I was finally able to track one down.
I was a big fan of the early Rollins Band albums... including Hot Animal Machine... back when I started getting into hardcore. I mean, they were no Black Flag, but Henry Rollins could still rage at the microphone and got the job done for me. Life Time is probably my favorite of the bunch, although I've really come to appreciate The End Of Silence quite a bit over recent years. The songs on this LP absolutely rip and are catchy as hell... plus this pink vinyl looks bright and sharp... such a good look.
In case you missed it, Ian MacKaye produced this album.

1 comment:

mcs said...

That last sentence made me laugh out loud.

Interestingly, it was today that I noticed for the first time that the 'K' in 'MacKaye' should be capitalised. Perhaps that's what they were trying to reinforce by using a 48pt font?