Tuesday, December 08, 2020

Grinning Like An Undertaker

Accept reunited back in 2010 and with their new singer, the band went on an impressive four album stretch. Each one was a great slab of metal, but by the time The Rise Of Chaos when it was released in 2017, the band's formula was getting a bit stale. That last album wasn't terrible by any stretch, but I found that I just didn't return to it very often like I had the first three. At some point last year, Accept released a new single for the song Life's A Bitch, but it barely made a blip on my radar. When they released another single earlier this year, this time for the song The Undertaker, I had the same kind of shoulder shrug reaction. I just didn't feel compelled to rush and check it out.
Spotify does this thing where after you finish listening to an album, they immediatly start a random playlist based on what was just playing. At some point they threw the new Accept song, The Undertaker, at me. When the song started, my first impression was that it kind of goofy, but as it continued to play, I started to get into it, and by the time the song was finished, I knew that I was going to have to revisit it and dig in a little deeper. After giving it a few more spins, I knew that I was going to have to head over to Nuclear Blast to pick up the 7 inch.
This 7 inch single is a lot of fun, and now I also want that Life's A Bitch 7 inch from last year...unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available. There aren't even ridiculously priced ones on Discogs or eBay. Very strange. Either way, these single have done their job because now I'm really excited for the new Accept album due out early next year.

No comments: