Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Seeing Blue

A couple of months ago, everyone was posting about their copy of the lastest Minor Threat reissue. I suppose it was only a matter of time until I grabbed a copy as well, but I managed to talk myself out of it for a good couple of weeks. In the end, it was Minor Threat on colored vinyl, and unlike most labels, Dischord doesn't have the bad habit of reissuing records on a different colored vinyl every four months, so this one still managed to feel a bit special.
No doubt, this latest pressing looks great. Even though I dragged my feet in buying this latest repress, the blue vinyl with the blue cover is too good to pass up.
The last time I picked up a Minor Threat repress was back when Discord did the yellow and green covers back in 2008. That was about twelve years ago, which seems forever ago..and it also blows my mind to think that I had blogged about those records at the time, which is a strange reminder that I've been doing this thing and writing about records for about a million years.

No comments: