Thursday, December 17, 2020

Dream Evil RSD

A couple years ago, the Dio camp started releasing a picture disc single for each Record Store Day. At this point, I was four singles deep, so when it was announced that the fifth in the series was going to be released for the Black Friday RSD, I knew that I was going to have to chase it down.
Not wanting to deal with any crowds, or end up waiting outside if the store was over capacity, I casually did a drive-by of the store on the afternoon Black Friday. It looked quiet, so I pulled in to check it out. No crowds...no lines...I was in and out in less than five minutes, and the latest Dio single, Dream Evil, was mine.
Like the other Dio picture disc singles, this isn't giving us any wild unheard tracks. All we get here are two live tracks from Donington '87, which coincidently was the same show the Metallica songs were taken from for their recent 7 inch that I posted the other day. Funny how that worked out...completely unplanned.
I really wish that they would stop using this "first time on vinyl" bullshit. These two songs have been released before...you know, on the Dio At Donington album that was released in 2011. I'm going to buy this stupid single anyway, so you don't need to try and suck me in with some marketing scam.

1 comment:

mcs said...

'I casually did a drive-by of the store'.

Was this post guest written by Ice-T?