Friday, December 04, 2020

U.S. Voltage

I picked up a couple of big pieces for my AC/DC collection this year, grabbing the Aussie first pressing for High Voltage, as well as the original pressing for Stiff Upper Lip. Huge wins for the year...but as we started to close in on the end of the year, I got it into my head to make another run at one of the older AC/DC records.
For those early AC/DC records, in addition to the first Australian pressings, I also want to own the original US pressings as well. With the differences in track listings and cover artwork, I've got to get my hands on both...and there are a few other oddities that I would like to pick up at some point too, but I don't anticipate hitting those targets for quite some time. So keeping it simple, I made a move for a AC/DC's first US release High Voltage.
While I'd hoped to grab a copy of this record for cheap, I quickly realized that I was going to have to put down a few bills if I wanted a copy in good condition. With the album cover in such light colors, it is tough to find one that doesn't look beat to hell and covered in ringwear. Very happy with the one that I managed to pull off eBay.
Eight records of the first four AC/DC albums.

No comments: