Saturday, December 12, 2020

Black Ice

With AC/DC releasing a new album this year, I've been kind of excited about the band and thinking a bit about where my record collection stands for them. I've crossed off a few big ticket items for them this past year, but before the album landed on my turntable, I wanted to make one more move.
When AC/DC released Black Ice back in 2008, I remember barely giving it any attention. The album was almost an hour long, and at the time it just felt like it was too much. I listened to it one time that year, proclaimed it wasn't memorable, and I shelved it. Yeah, no shit, one listen isn't going to get the album to stick with you, dipshit. Sure, for a while I'd pull the CD out once every couple of months, but I never really spent much time with it. Oddly enough, when Rock Or Bust was released in 2014, I loved that album immediately.

Feeling in the mood for some of that latter era AC/DC, I've been revisiting those albums to prepare for the new record, and I was surprised with how much I found myself enjoying Black Ice. Thankfully, you can still pick up the vinyl for a decent price, and looking to expand the collection, I grabbed a copy off Discogs.

It is hard as hell to get a good photo, but the black on black spot finishing looks amazing...along with the red and black printed dust sleeves, I love the packaging of this record.

No comments: