Thursday, December 10, 2020

Certain Death

I heard the name Dead Heat thrown around a bit last year, but I never paid it much attention. They were on a split 7 inch with Mindforce, but since they weren't Mindforce, I never really give thier songs a chance. When they released their album last year, I took one look at the album cover and immediately passed on it. That shit looked terrible.
At some point, one of their songs ended up popping up in some random Spotify playlist, and as I was getting ready to hit the button to skip it, the song kind of caught my attention. It wasn't the shitty metal sound that I was expecting...instead I found it had more of a crossover style and reminded me of Suicidal Tendencies Join The Army record. Now this was a style that I could get behind, and I immediately queued up the full album to really check it out. Within seconds, I was hooked and it had me thinking of those early Take Offense records. I knew that I needed the vinyl.
I was late to the party, so of course the first pressing was sold out. Edgewood Records had the second pressing available, but I was able to find a first press still available on Discogs...and at a cheaper price.

The blue and silver split is limited to 200.

No comments: