Friday, April 27, 2012

Taking Offense

My Top 10 list from 2011 was pretty solid, but looking back at it now, I think that I'd have to find a way to include the Tables Will Turn LP from Take Offense.

I decided to check out Take Offense prior to going to see them play with Backtrack and Trapped Under Ice last November. I downloaded the album and was immediately impressed. The band has a strong influence from Join The Army-era Suicidal Tendencies mixed with a healthy dose of New York Hardcore. Damn, this record is so good.

700 were pressed on what Reaper calls purple and black marbled vinyl. I love those redish/purple streaks in there.

Earlier this year, Reaper Records put up pre-orders for the new Take Offense EP, Under The Same Shadow, and I didn't hesitate to order a copy. The EP picks up right where the LP left off, and the band keeps thrashin' that same Suicidal style. If you don't dig this then you must be trippin'...trip at the brain, you know what I'm sayin'.

The one-sided 12 inch format is still very strange to me. If the recording is too long for a 7 inch, why not use both sides of the 12 inch? Odd.

Surprisingly the most limited pressing of this EP was on black vinyl. 400 pressed. I feel like I'm going to have to pick those colored vinyl pressings soon.

No comments: