Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sticking Together

This will be one of the best records released this year. Fact.

Stick Together released one of my favorite records last year with No More Games, and they are back doing what they do best in 2012 with their follow up, Surviving The Times. Straight Edge Hardcore played with conviction and passion. Drugs Suck.

Control Records handled the Euro press for this record. Each Control release is extremely limited, and of the highest quality. Their pressing of Surviving The Times is no different. As a bonus, the Contol pressing arrived on my doorstep about three weeks before the US pressing that Triple B did. Control Records can not be beat!

100 pressed on colored vinyl for pre-orders.

300 pressed on black vinyl.

Lyrics and photos posted on the inside of the bi-fold cover.

I love all the differences between the US and Euro pressings. Triple B opted for a different photo on the cover, and went with red instead of blue lettering.

Somehow I missed the announcement that pre-orders were up at the Triple B store, and I ended up placing my order a week or two late. It was no surprise that I missed out on the limited red vinyl. Fuck. 406 pressed on clear vinyl with grey swirl. Man, this vinyl looks good.

Different font, a full color photo for the back, plus the B-side labels are different for the Triple B pressing. 924 pressed on black.

The final difference is that the Triple B pressing uses a tri-fold cover with, of course, a different layout. Control or Triple B...it doesn't matter...they both look great.

1 comment:

Across Your Face said...

Wow I wish I had one of the control records copies. I really don't think Triple B ever had the red ones up, I also put in my pre order about a week after it was announced and didn't get a red copy. Maybe just if you ordered 3 copies they sent one? I doubt they went through 150 red copies in a week of pre orders. I'm hoping to find one next time S.T. comes around my way on there merch table :P