Sunday, April 01, 2012

Special Praise

When I was putting together my Top 10 list for 2011, the newest Praise 7 inch came pretty close to making the cut. In the end, I just couldn't justify a two song record on the list, so it got dropped. Still, there is no question as to how great these songs are.

For the REACT! Showcase last year, Aram, being the generous dude that he is, created two special pressings that he handed out for free to the first kids through the door. One of those records was a special pressing of the two song Praise 7 inch. Of course I wasn't at the show, so I had to resort to picking them up from Aram through eBay.

Special covers were made along with an explanation that the plant screwed up the original pressing. These were all rejected, with the exception of 88 copies which were set aside as a gift to those that attended the Showcase. Number 1 out of 88. Nice!

The second Praise record that I bought from Aram was the rejected test pressing of the Two Songs 7 inch. Sometimes I'm totally surprised at how cheap some test pressings sell for. Under $25 for a REACT! test press is a steal as far as I'm concerned.

Number 4 out of 21. There are only 5 copies of the accepted test press. Yeah, that one is going to be a little more difficult to get a hold of.

5 comments:

Lance & Lariat said...

I bid on these exact things. Soooo jealous. I did win the React Color box set though, but that Praise test is awesome.

Across Your Face said...

You're right, that is a steal!!! I love the "Rejected" across the glasses, too

Mike said...

I have a feeling that I should know who the dude is on the front cover, but I have no clue.

Wade said...

mike, the dude on the cover is andy norton. he's the singer of praise, he was the bassist in champion and now he plays in peace.

Mike said...

Hey Wade! I thought that it might have been Andy Norton, but it looked more like some Rasta dude, so I wasn't sure.