Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Gold Chain Whip

I've been stoked on hardcore recently, and these past few months have found me actively searching out new bands to check out. At some point, the name Chain Whip came across my Instagram stories, and I figured that I'd check them out for the hell of it. I found their 7 inch on Spotify, and after running through it one time I knew that I needed to get my preorder in for the band's newest record.

14 Lashes is 20 minutes of unrelenting frantic punk energy. Chain Whip do not slow things down...they are a tornado that keeps pushing as the songs threaten to fall apart. This shit is manic and catchy as hell. It sounds really familiar, but I'll be damned if I can put my finger on who it is...I keep thinking of Career Suicide, but I'm not sure if that's it...either way, this record is a lot of fun.

I'm glad that I jumped on this when I did. 150 pressed on orange vinyl.

I don't know why bands include posters with their records these days. Are we supposed to still put these on our walls?

No comments: