Thursday, September 26, 2019

New Organon

There has been some cool new metal records released this year, but one of the more anticipated records to come out, for me, has been the new Slough Feg album. The band released a teaser with the New Organon single last year, and I have been itching for the band to give us the full length album since then.

It has been about five years since I first heard Slough Feg, and I was introduced to them with the Digital Resistance album in 2014. That record came out of nowhere for me, and I was blown away by the band. I committed to diving into their back catalog at that point...covering eight albums...and while I loved what I was hearing, for one reason or another, I never pulled the trigger on more vinyl. I love this band, so it feels really good to finally add another record to the collection with New Organon.

But seriously...I need to get off my ass and get a copy of Down Among the Deadmen or something soon. My metal collection will be better off with more Slough Feg in it.

Slough Feg have such a unique sound, and I can't think of another band that sounds like them. I love this record. I'm not sure where New Organon is going to land in my Top 10 for the year, but I guarantee that it will be slugging it out somewhere in the top five.

No comments: