Sunday, September 29, 2019

Keep Your Edge

The 7 inch from Bystander was a nice surprise at the end of 2018, and even made it's way into my Top 10 for that year. With Greg Bennick from Trial on the mic, I had high expectations, and Bystander was able to meet them. The band still sounded relevant and intense in '18. I was surprised to see the band following up that debut EP so soon, but I was still onboard and quickly preordered a copy.

Between the German pressing on Goodwill, and the US pressing from Safe Inside, there were five different pressings to choose from. I rarely order from Deathwish, but when I saw that they had the record available through their distro, I grabbed the pink vinyl pressing from them. The vinyl looks more red than pink, but it is still a good look.

150 pressed on "pink".

Bystander keep things rollin' with their newest 12 inch EP, Where Did We Go Wrong. This is hardcore, and this is what I want to listen to when I'm in the mood for hardcore. I've only listened to it a handful of times, so I can't say where it will land overall, but this is some good shit.

No comments: