Sunday, September 09, 2018

Welcome To The 3rd Floor

Last year I went on a tear with albums from 1987. It was the 30 year anniversary for a number of great records from my teen years, and I had a blast buying a bunch of them for the first time on vinyl. I've been wanting to do the same thing this year for 1988, but for one reason or another, I haven't been able to get focus on that goal, and I'm all over the fucking map.

Still, when I took a quick walk through my 1988 playlist earlier this summer, that second Death Angel album sunk its hooks in me. I'd forgotten how great this album is, and I quickly had it queued it up for repeat listens. It was an obvious glaring omission from my record collection, and I quickly set to remedy that.

The copy that I found on eBay included the original hype sticker.

I know that I enjoyed this album back when I first heard it in '88, but honestly, I don't think that I appreciated just how great and diverse this record really is. I mean, when you stack Frolic Through The Park next to what Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax were releasing that same year, Death Angel beats them all.

No comments: