Friday, September 21, 2018

Back For More

Ever since I picked up that Ratt and Dokken vinyl during my Record Store Day haul, I've kind of been obsessing over both bands. Seriously. I think that I've listened to Ratt and Dokken more this year than I have for the past 20 years combined...add to the fact that a German pressing of Breakin' the Chains is currently at the top of my mental Want List, and that is saying something about how deep I've gotten myself.

I've seen the first Ratt 12 inch in the record stores around town over the years, but I've never really been drawn to grab a copy...until now. As I was killing some time in Portland recently, I stopped into a small used record store. I really wasn't planning on buying anything, I was just using it to fill some time until I met a friend for dinner. As soon as I saw the Ratt EP, I knew that I was going to walk out of the store with it.

This record is some pretty solid early 80's Metal. Goddamn. I might never get out of this hair metal hole I've dug for myself. I can see why they were picked to be included on the original Metal Massacre comp from Metal Blade Records. 80's forever.

No comments: