Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Leave Me In Hell

At the start of the year, I was obsessing pretty hard for the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal. I was listening to it non-stop, reading books on the subject, and searching out hidden gems that I'd never heard before. I couldn't get enough and soon I was on the hunt for some big NWOBHM vinyl wins. I came out hot, and grabbed a few heavy hitters with Quartz, Blitzkrieg and the first Venom album. To be honest, I dropped a lot of money real quick, and I wasn't able to fully sustain that momentum, and I backed off the NWOBHM hunt.

As we were moving into summer, I found myself with a little money in my Paypal account, and I wanted to invest in back into another great record. While my NWOBHM obsession had cooled off, I still found that I wanted to knock out another heavy hitter.

Once again I found myself returning to Neat Records and Venom. I was so happy when I grabbed a copy of Welcome To Hell earlier this year, and I decided to chase Venom's second album, Black Metal, as well. It's funny...through the years, I've figured that Neat Records early pressings for Venom were probably outside my price range, but after buying a few other big ticket items these past couple of years, when I finally started checking prices for Venom albums, I kind of just shrugged my shoulders and thought, "Well, that price isn't too bad". They certainly don't come cheap...especially if you want one in good condition, but I guess that the years have dulled my reservation about throwing this much money at records, and here, I didn't hesitate.

Man, with the black cover, I figured it was going to be impossible to find a copy without a ton of ring wear. This copy looks absolutely stunning, and I couldn't be more happy.

I wasn't able to find a copy of Welcome To Hell that included the poster, so when I saw that this copy of Black Metal came with one, I was pretty excited. These things don't seem to show up very often, so I consider myself fortunate to have one.

No comments: