Thursday, December 28, 2023

Restrained In Time

The last Restraining Order album was a fast favorite. That thing was catchy as fuck, and it got to a point where I had to deliberately set it aside and not listen to it so that I didn't overplay that shit. So yeah, when their latest, Locked In Time, went up for preorder, I didn't hesitate to quickly grab a copy.
This new Restraining Order album wasn't the instant fave like the first one. There isn't any great change in style or sound, but it feels similar to when Boston Strangler released their Fire album. It is good and has some really fun songs, but compared to the first? Come on. Still, while it might not rate at the top of my list this year, I can see myself pulling this out in a couple of years and asking myself what my problem was. Restraining Order have to be one of the hardest working bands in hardcore and I hope they keep things rolling through next year.
I can't remember if I was late to the preorders and missed out on the limited colors, or if I just didn't give a fuck and picked one that I thought might be the least offensive to look at. This is the common pressing of the 3 color black/white/yellow smash and it doesn't look terrible. Limited to 524.

1 comment:

itallcomesdowntothis said...

If only the cover weren't so ugly. I couldn't bring myself to buying a copy yet, even though I really enjoyed the first LP.