Wednesday, December 06, 2023

World I Hate

I really like some of the bands on WAR Records... stuff like Berthold City and Bent Blue have been a couple of my favorite hardcore bands recently... so when the label announces a new band, I will check them out.
When I first heard the name World I Hate, I didn't have very high expectations. It just seemed that it was going to be too "tough" for what I typically look for in hardcore. On the one hand, I was correct because this is HARDcore, but on the other, I really fucking like it. These songs remind me of some early 2000 shit like Think I Care, and I can totally get down for that sound. There is a lot of aggression and anger here. It just hits hard and doesn't let up.
As typical with WAR Records, the actual vinyl looks terrible, but I still jumped in for the "lead" colored wax. Limited to only 90.

No comments: