Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Against Myself

I didn't spend a lot of time listening to new hardcore records this year, but there have been a few new releases that I was really looking forward to. I've already posted about As Friends Rust and Magnitude, and to complete my Big 3 for 2023, Vantage Point comes rolling in at the end of the year with Against Myself.
I've really enjoyed Vantage Point since hearing their first demo back in 2016/2017. They play a straight forward style of hardcore that will hit me in the chest every single time. Even at this age, I'm a sucker for it. I don't even know what to say about it anymore. Either you get it or you don't. This shit has moved me since I first discovered the hardcore scene around 1990, and even during a year where my musical tastes have been all over the map, this brand of hardcore will forever grab me by the throat. The Vantage Point 7 inch from the end of 2019 was great, and this full length, clocking in just over 17 minutes, gives me exactly what I want from the band.
165 pressed on some kind of nasty puke looking colored vinyl.

No comments: