Monday, December 18, 2023

Magnitude Renewed

Magnitude play a brand of 90's straight edge hardcore that I will love for fucking ever. Thank chunky metallic sound in the vein of One King Down is just so perfect to my ears, and I will fall for it every time. Their last album, To Whatever Fateful End, was so good that I ended up buying three copies of it just because Triple B would reissue it with a different colored cover. I didn't go full stupid, but I still dipped my toes in it.
There was never any doubt that I was going to buy and love their latest record, Of Days Renewed, and it delivered on all fronts. As soon as the opening song kicks off with a "Deliverance!" and then the chugging riff... fuck me, I was dead on the floor it was so good. I must have played that opening six seconds over and over twenty times in a row because it was just so fun.
I know that Triple B love those shitty splatter patterns, but what am I gonna do? I still need one in my collection. 200 pressed on an obnoxious clear vinyl with orange blob and purple splatter.

No comments: