Thursday, December 21, 2023

Sun Blue

Bent Blue was one of my favorite discoveries in 2022. There was something about that band that hit me in a big way and I listened to their two records a lot throughout last year. So yeah, I was definitely on board for something new from the band this year.
This split 7 inch between Bent Blue and Sunstroke doesn't offer a lot, since it is only one new song plus a cover from each, but I'll take it. Fuck, the new Bent Blue song is so good. I hope the band gives us more because I'm not done with them. I've always appreciated Sunstroke and their very strong influence from the DC Revolution Summer style, so these two bands compliment each other very well. Perfect match for a split release.
I don't collect records for either band, but when preorders went up, I still felt the need to buy both colored vinyl options that were available. Both colors limited to 150 each.

No comments: