Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Drink Deep

I first heard the Drink Deep demo earlier this year. I loved it so much that I was tempted to track down the cassette for it. Thankfully Refuse Records saved me from that, and released a 7 inch from the band.
Drink Deep features Philippe Arama, from Remission, on vocals... and he has such a signature sound that you can't help but compare the two bands. While Remission started leaning in a bit more of a melodic direction by the time they released their final album, Enemy Of Silence, Drink Deep takes it back to a more of straight forward hardcore approach. Eight songs in seven and half minutes is my idea of perfection.
Refused Records had two version of the Drink Deep 7 inch available. I was so excited for this record, and because I was paying overseas shipping, I decided that I might as well order both of them... even if one was just black vinyl.
Not sure if this was intentional, but the covers for my clear and black vinyl had a different shade of blue. 100 pressed for clear, and 270 on black vinyl.

1 comment:

mcs said...

I meant to order this but somehow forgot about it and now the clear is sold out. Bummer.