Wednesday, July 05, 2023

What Could Possibly Go Green

I initially missed out on the first Ruiner 7 inch as I didn't catch on to the band until their Prepare To Be Let Down album on Bridge Nine. I was just starting to find my footing again in hardcore around 2005, after being a bit disconnected for a few years, but that first Ruiner 7 inch still got by me. I did catch the LP in 2007 thanks to B9's high profile, and I really liked it, but over the years Ruiner tends to always be a band that I seem to overlook... and then when I do listen to them, I'm blown away and I wonder why I don't listen to them more often.
When I was stuck in a 2005 playlist last year, I queued up the What Could Possibly Go Right songs, and once again, I was floored. This thing boils over with emotion and anger. It just hits so fucking hard, and I listened to it repeatedly for a couple of months. I could not get enough. While I did have the I Heard These Dudes Are Assholes comp LP, it was time for me to get the real deal and track down that first 7 inch. At the time, all that I could find was second and third pressings, and I decided to hold out for a first pressing... even though I'm still tempted to chase all seven colored vinyl variations for this.
When I stumbled upon a copy in the Armageddon Shop store on Discogs recently, I jumped on it. For only $5, I'd have been a fool not to.

150 pressed on transparent green for the first press.

1 comment:

Willem Termote said...

Back in the days that would have been a steal. I still have a black one… this post takes me back to the B9 board days…