Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Three Lock Box

Every once in a while, I'll hop over to Discogs to see what is available for the Locked Inside 7 inch. I've been very interested to collecting multiple copies of this record due to a couple of reasons. A: the band plays some killer straight forward hardcore, and B: the vinyl colors all look great. If these looked like shit with dopey looking patterns, I could easily be one and done, but these things look fantastic and it makes me want them all. Unfortunately for me, there are a shit load of colored vinyl options. I already owned four of them, and after adding three more to the collection, I'm still missing more than a handful.
Initially, I picked up the gold vinyl version back in April. This one was exclusive to the REV store, and is one of the more common versions with a heafty 145 pressed for this color.
I thought that I was content with just picking up the gold version, but as I was getting ready to post about it here, I got the itch to chase more of them. I had put the purple colored vinyl version in my cart, but I was hesitant to commit to the price, so I figured that I'd let it sit there for a while before I pulled the trigger. So of course someone else swooped in and bought it before me. Ugh. That's what I get for dicking around.

So then with the need to fill that void, I quickly grabbed the clear vinyl version that was still available. There are a couple wisps of black in the clear, but apparently not enough to qualify as the "smoke" version. 63 pressed on clear.

Finally, I grabbed a blue vinyl pressing as well, which is limited to 100.
Seven versions of the Locked Inside 7 inch. Still need the purple vinyl, and the "smoke" variant... plus the record release cover... and a test press wouldn't hurt either. All of those are fairly limited, so I'm not sure when they will come around, but when they do, I'll make my move.

No comments: