Friday, July 07, 2023

Every Knife Has A Home

I've never really actively hunted out the A18 7 inches. For some reason, the albums had always been enough for me. However, I picked up a copy of Defining The Color Conviction last year on a whim, and it felt good to get one into my collection. Back in April this year, I was buying a couple records from a Discogs seller, and I noticed that they had a copy of Every Knife Has A Home for cheap, so I added it to my cart. About a week after it arrived, I heard the news that that singer, Isaac Golub, was dead... killed after being struck by a car while riding his bike. Fuck. I was shook. The guy sang on Truth Gives Wings To Strength, which is one of my favorite hardcore albums, and it was very sad to hear of his passing.
Every Knife Has A Home and Defining The Color Conviction are taken from the same recording session, and share four of the five songs on the tracklist. On this 7 inch, we get Miscalculated Sonnet Number One as the exclusive song. It isn't all that exciting, as it is basically just Isaac reciting lyrics over some guitar feedback. Definitely not a necessary song, but with his passing, it was cool to finally check it out. Who knows... maybe I'll buy more variants of these things as I stumble upon them.
Stamped labels and numbered out of 250.

No comments: