Sunday, July 09, 2023

Restless Youth

The mid-2000's are a weird time for hardcore records with me. I'll scroll through the list of releases from those years, and while there are some modern classics from that period, I still find that there are some records that I never paid too close attention to back in the day. I'm really not too familiar with them and so they still feel somewhat new when I listen to them now. One of those records is the first Restless Youth 7 inch from 2005.
I know that I downloaded the State Of Confusion songs back in the day, but I was probably paying more attention to bands from REV's Generations comp, or were playing Posi Numbers that year, so didn't pay much attention to that 7 inch. When I was buying some records from a Discogs seller recently, and I saw that they had the red colored vinyl version of the 7 inch available for less than $2, I figured that I'd drag those songs back out for a listen to see if should grab the record. Based on the fact that you are reading this post, I obviously liked it enough to buy it. It is tough to see the red vinyl in these pictures, so you'll just have to trust me.
These songs are really good with some frantic energy that reminds me of Bad Brains. This record is a lot of fun, and it has me thinking about checking out more from Restless Youth.

1 comment:

Johnny said...

2005/2006 were weird hardcore years for me because after about 2004, I was on total autopilot, going to shows still but not really paying much attention to the bands, and after 2006 I fully checked out until about 2010. Going back and checking out all these random bands and records is really fun. Some bands I know I saw but wish I could see them again and actually pay attention to the music and some I wish I could just get to see at all. Listening to this Restless Youth record on Spotify now. Never heard of these guys, but this is fun stuff.