Friday, July 28, 2023

Don't Test The Pest

Earlier this year, I figured that I'd reach out to a couple of friends to recommend the Denial Of Life record. That thing shreds so fucking hard with the throwback to the old school crossover sound, and I thought that they would appreciate it like I did. I did not get the response that I was hoping for, and was basically told that it was garbage. I don't typically bother people with recommendations, but I figured it was right up their alley. Oh well, I'll keep the cool shit to myself. Of course, the thing to do when you shit on one recommendation is to give out your own, and I was told that Pest Control was the real shit. I wasn't too excited to check them out after the reaction that I got, but I did remember seeing someone post a photo of the record on Instagram recently, so I knew that someone else I followed thought they were good, and I decided to download the album.
Oh shit. Pest Control fucking rip. Don't Test The Pest blasts through 11 songs in 21 minutes, pure fucking crossover thrash similar to what Dead Heat has been doing. I don't think that Pest Control are going to beat out Denial Of Life in my head to head match up, but that doesn't matter... give me more of this style.
Of course when I was looking for a copy, the green colored vinyl was already sold out at Quality Control. A second pressing was on the way, but for me, it was all about the green vinyl first press, so I hit up Discogs and overpaid for it. Don't care. I'm happy to have one.

No comments: