Saturday, July 29, 2023

Jade Dust

My records show that I first checked out Jade Dust back in 2021. It obviously didn't make much of an impression on me at the time, as I gave the songs from their EP one listen and then moved on... completely forgetting about them until Marcus started talking about them over on Endless Quest. He made some comparisons to DC hardcore bands like Rites Of Spring and Embrace, which had me sit up and take notice. However, when he wrote "I think it's great that there is a band playing this sound in 2023", that one sentence really caught my attention. I know that feeling deep in my core. There are times when I'll listen to a band, and I'll think "man, bands just don't play this style anymore", and when one finally come along, and does it successfully, you fucking savor it.
Based on Marcus's post, I decided to check out Jade Dust again. I was kind of digging the songs a bit more this visit, but the real magic came to the surface with repeat listens. Initially I thought the band was kind of cool, but the more I hear these songs, the more I love them.
The blue vinyl was of course sold out over at Extinction Burst, so I just picked up the "random" color that was available and limited to 200. The yellow/orange doesn't really go with the cover art, but the vinyl still looks great.

Now I'm going to have to check out the band's latest record, Wild Geese, at some point as well.

1 comment:

mcs said...

This Marcus sounds like a bad influence.