Monday, July 31, 2023

Seven Inch Demand

When I was picking up the Jade Dust record from Extinction Burst, I started looking around their webstore to see what else might interest me. I noticed that the label had also released the Demand 7 inch, and since I'd just heard the 185 Miles South podcast speaking highly of the record, I figured that I'd get my hands on a copy.
Demand are a hardcore band out of DC, however, I remember the singer, Zech, from shows in Maine going back about 10 years or so. It was a cool surprise to discover that he was in this band after I'd picked up this record. This five song 7 inch is great. Straight forward hardcore, and while the label drops names like Where The Wild Things Are and Hawker Records, Demand kind of remind me of the Paramount album that Fury did a few years back. I really hope that we hear more from this band because if they keep this up, I sense that they will get better and better.
Nice looking record on white vinyl with the OBI strip around the cover.

No comments: