Wednesday, May 31, 2023

XLathekeeperX

Near the end of last year, WAR Records announced they had added a new band to their roster with XGatekeeperX. The band seems to be a project from dudes that have been in other bands (Life Force, Decline, Bystander, Noose... and others). I'm assuming this is just something they threw together for fun, and it isn't going to be around in any serious capacity. Just some guys showing their love for the straight edge.
XGatekeeperX definitely caught my attention with the X's in their name and the straight edge executioner on the record cover. You know that I had to check this out. Five songs clocking in just under five minutes, so the band don't fuck around and waste time. Get in... hit hard... get out. Musically, it isn't really blowing me away, but I do dig the raw angry hardcore style they have going on. I'd definitely be interested if they give us more.
Initially WAR Records released this as a cassette and a limited lathe cut 7 inch on clear, which were formats that I wasn't too excited about. That clear 7 inch sold out fucking fast, so when they did another 50 on white, I grabbed one right quick. WAR Records has done a few more lathe cut releases since this XGatekeeperX release, so it seems that the label might be sticking with this format. Again, I'm not very excited about it, but I guess it is a better option than doing another flexi.

No comments: