Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Hot Girls Fantasy Singles

A few years ago, I was having a lot of fun chasing some Japanese 7 inch singles for old 80's MTV hits. We were in the middle of some dark times in the world and it really felt like everything was on the verge of falling apart. Chasing those singles was a much needed distraction for me.
At the time, I really wanted a Japanese single for Aldo Nova's Fantasy. It had probably been 35 years since I'd given that song a thought, but as soon as I stumbled upon it during my MTV obsession, it all came back to me. Man, 12 year old Mike loved this song. It was definitely one of those defining moments that helped point me down the path to heavier and heavier music. Scoring the Japanese single never happened at the time, but I recently found a US pressing, and the price was right so I grabbed it.
I'm not even sure where I picked up this Loverboy 7 inch. I've had it for probably a year or maybe even two, but it seemed stupid to dedicate a full post just for this record. Hot Girls In Love was another big song for me at the time that I was rollin' with Aldo Nova's Fantasy, so it is a good enough fit here. I already owned the Japanese single for this song, but I guess at some point I wanted the US single as well.

No comments: