Friday, May 26, 2023

The Bluest West

A couple years ago, I discovered that Third Age had a second 7 inch, released in 1994, and I quickly got my hands on the clear vinyl pressing. There is no greater feeling than discovering a long lost gem like that, I was definitely stoked to find that record so long after its initial release.
As I was discovering that Third Age had released a second 7 inch, Discogs also informed me that the band's first 7 inch had seen a blue vinyl pressing that I was unaware of. Back in the day, I had picked up the black vinyl somewhere along the way, and I didn't give it a second thought. As soon as I found out that a colored vinyl version existed, I needed to get my hands on a copy right quick. When I found one for only $3, I rushed to add it to my cart.
Third Age totally fit that Northeast hardcore sound from the early 90's, sitting alongside bands like Kingpin, Temperance and Flagman. Maybe it is the nostalgia talking, but this shit it so good.

No comments: