Sunday, May 14, 2023

Planet On A Chain

One of the first new records that I ordered this year was the new Planet On A Chain album. With Dave from Tear It Up and Dead Nation on vocals, I was pretty excited to check this record out... plus it was being released on Revelation, so I definitely needed to rush to buy a copy.
Planet On A Chain play straight forward hardcore, and by all rights I should be all over this, but for some reason it is falling a little flat for me. Don't get me wrong, it is good, but I guess I wanted more. I thought there would be killer hooks here that would grab ahold of me immediately, but after a few listens nothing has jumped out at me. Of course, it could just be that I need to give it more time to sink in. I mean, I wasn't that excited about that Big Cheese album a few years ago, but I've really come around on that one lately. Who knows? Check in at the end of the year and see if this one was a slow burn.
200 pressed on blue and exclusive to the REVHQ store.

No comments: