Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Say Cheese

Earlier this year, there was a lot of hype around the newest Big Cheese record, Punishment Park. Triple B was pushing them hard and it seemed that everyone was onboard. I wasn't feeling it. I picked up their Don't Forget To Tell The World record at the end of 2019, but it failed to move me. I could see the potential, and Big Cheese played a style of hardcore that I love, but something about that first record just didn't click with me.

I had hopes that Punishment Park would be the record to sell me on the band. The album cover looked incredible, and I really wanted to like them, but I'm still up in the air on them. The songs are fast and powerful, but there just aren't any hooks that make me want to come back to it. Maybe it will take some repeat listens, and I'll appreciate it more as the year continues. We'll have wait and see.

300 pressed on orange vinyl.

1 comment:

mcs said...

I think this is miles above their previous stuff, and I have played this one a lot over the past few weeks. The stupid thing is that I really want this orange version. The UK version is clear red, but I think orange seems like a much more apt colour for this record. But of course nobody over here is selling the US version. But I don't want to pay overseas shipping for it either. First world problems huh?