Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Back Against City Walls

War Records love their limited pressings. I'm not really in the game to collect everything I see these days, but some of the things this label releases is tempting as fuck...seriously, I'm so bummed that I missed out on those Strife gold editions.

While I was extremely hesitant to check out Berthold City when I started to see their name pop up a couple years ago, I've since grown to put my preconceived notions aside and after checking out the band, I found that I really enjoy them. War Records have released a number of different limited pressings for the Berthold City 7 inches, and that shit seems to sell out quick. When it was announced that they were releasing a lathe cut 7 inch of a cover of Circle Jerks Back Against The Wall, I knew that I had to make sure that I jumped when they went on sale. There were only 50 pressed, so if you took your eye off the prize, you missed out.

Overall, this record seems kind of pointless. I mean, I'm sure the band had a blast recording this song, and it sounds okay, but really, I'm not going to need to listen to this very often. Still, since it is so limited, and I really like this band, this record is kind of cool to own.

No comments: