Sunday, June 07, 2020

Orange Vinyl 9mm

I completely missed out on Orange 9mm when they were around in the mid-90's. It is strange because when I look back at what I was listening to during '94 and '95, Orange 9mm would have fit perfectly into what I was into. Yet, for some reason I avoided them. I remember being aware of the Burn connection, but I think that I just didn't trust Revelation Records at the time. They were releasing stuff like Iceburn, Engine Kid, Whirlpool and the Mike Judge record, and none of that stuff interested me. When Rev released the Orange 9mm EP in '94, I just skipped it.

It was recently announced that Rev was reissuing that first Orange 9mm EP, and I was feeling surprisingly open minded and figured that I'd check it out.

Much to my surprise, I discovered that I not only loved that first EP, but I also checked out their first full length, Driver Not Included, and found that I loved that one as well. I can't believe that I've gone the past 25 years without somehow hearing this band.

I've got my order in for the Orange 9mm EP reissue with Revelation, but I also wanted to get my hands on the Driver Not Included album. I was torn if I should get the original pressing from 1995, which was available only on black vinyl, or if I should go for the colored vinyl option that Music On Vinyl did last year. Colored vinyl wins!

Man, I can't get over how much I am enjoying this record. There are some solid grooves here that have me bouncing, just like I did to those Shift and Sparkmarker records back in the day. Great stuff.

Numbered out of 1,000 pressed on "flame" colored vinyl.

No comments: