Saturday, May 20, 2023

The Black And White And Yellow

A few years ago (and by "a few" I mean seven, because holy fuck, I have no concept of time anymore) I discovered Rough Kids. The band came on to my radar in 2016 with the release of their self titled album. At the time, I was neck deep in a late 70's punk obsession, and while Rough Kids were a newer band, they definitely fit that sound that I couldn't get enough of.
Shortly after the release of that self titled record, I started hearing that one of the guys was in a new band, Form Rank. I kind assumed that Rough Kids was done, and we wouldn't be hearing anything more from them. So it was a very pleasant surprise when I discovered earlier this year that Rough Kids had a new album on the way.
The Black And White And Gray maintains that same early punk vibe. It isn't a sound that I hear a lot of newer bands doing, so this still sounds fresh for today. I'm sure there are other bands doing this style, but they probably just fall outside of my view... however, this kind of catchy and upbeat punk sound will always hook me. Give me more.

100 pressed on yellow vinyl.

No comments: