Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Demon Outsider

Night Demon's last album, Darkness Remains, was one of my favorite metal records of 2017. That series of singles they released throughout 2020 was was a lot of fun as well... so obviously I was looking forward to a new full length from the band this year.
Night Demon have a great old school 80's metal vibe, and everything that I'd heard from the band has been great, so I didn't even bother checking the preview singles that were released to promote their latest album, Outsider... I just ordered a copy blind. I was a little slow to check out the record after it arrived, but after giving it my first spin last week, this record has seen a lot of playing time. Outsider may be a bit more relaxed than previous albums, and not front to back high-speed rippers. It feels like a more mature metal album, and while that is typically a turn off for me, this record still has some bite, and can hit hard when it wants to. There are layers here, and I'm fully on board with what Night Demon are delivering.
The "coke bottle clear" colored vinyl was listed on the Night Demon bandcamp as "only 100 available in Bandcamp store", which lead me to believe that there were only 100 pressed. Discogs is showing this as limited to 500, so maybe I just fell prey to a clever sales pitch. Oh well, I would have bought this anyway.

No comments: