Saturday, May 06, 2023

Burning Strong

At the end of 2022, I was all about newer hardcore bands. Could not get enough. I'd seen the name Burning Strong recommended by Spotify for fans of Ecostrike... and since I fucking love Ecostrike, I figured that I'd add Burning Strong to the long list of new bands that I was checking out.
Burning Strong are a hardcore band out of Florida and they remind me of those Rivalry bands from the mid-00's like Allegiance and Go It Alone. Strangely enough, I still think of this as a "modern" hardcore sound even though it was 15 years ago. At the time, I'd found myself disappointed to find that some newer records that I'd discovered were sold out and unavailable unless I wanted to hunt them down on Discogs... so when I saw that From Within Records had the new Burning Strong album up for preorder, I jumped to buy myself a copy.
When I bought this record, the webstore had it listed as "orange splatter". Ummmm... okay. This is probably a better look than what they had envisioned. Limited to 100.

No comments: