Sunday, November 01, 2015

Odyssey Beyond The Stars

Damn, it seems like every band that was releasing a new album this year, waited until after Summer. Suddenly, I can't keep up with all the new records that are coming out. No time or money to spend picking up old stuff right now, as this blog is getting flooded with records from 2015.

Admittedly, while this album didn't jump out at me on the first couple of listens. There is a lot going on with this record...lots of layers and moods, and I can definitely see it being a slow burner. Bad News on the other hand sinks it's hooks in me from the start...what a great song.

Rise Above has started doing a US pressing for their releases...with all of them on purple vinyl. It is kind of nice of them to give those of us in the States a chance to pick up their vinyl releases without having to spend an arm and a leg on overseas shipping. So why do I look at this purple vinyl with a bit of disdain...like it is some kind of second rate Vertigo French pressing, or an Italian pressing for Neat? I hate buying them, but they are so damn convenient.

At least for this Horisont album, I can convince myself that at least the purple vinyl looks good with the album cover.

Cool looking gatefold cover, with a comic style layout for the lyrics of the title track.

500 pressed on purple vinyl.

No comments: