Saturday, December 20, 2014

Big Contest

I still have a few more posts lined up to close out the year, but unless something else arrives in my mailbox in the next week or so, this may be my last Hardcore post in 2014.

I'd heard a bit of hype around Big Contest recently, so when preorders went up over at Moshers Delight, I figured that I'd take a chance on it. The band contains members of Disengage and Intent, so it wasn't really much of a doubt as to if the band would be good or not.

I love that Hardcore bands wear their influences, literally, on their sleeves. Glancing at the back cover, with band members wearing shirts for Dead Kennedys, Chain, and Stop And Think...you can tell if this band is for you or not. Great NYHC sound from a time when bands were on the verge of moving to a more Crossover sound. In some ways, this Big Contest album reminds me of the Crumbsuckers Life Of Dreams LP, so I'm expecting their follow up to be similar to B.O.M.B..

No comments: