It feels just like it was just a couple years ago that I picked up the Steel Jaws 7 inch from Process. I remember specificallly writing that post and how I was feeling abouut that Process record in the moment, so my brain hurts trying to understand how it was actually six years ago. Time is so weird.I never checked out Process back in the 90's. Well, I guess that's a lie, because I just realized that I own the Regeneration record from them, but I don't think I liked it at the time and haven't listened to it in 30+ years. But anyway, when I picked up the Steel Jaws 7 inch I'd never heard those songs, and listening to them in 2020 I thought they were okay... nothing special, but it was fun to hear them for the first time so long after it's release. I happened to spin those songs again earlier this year, and they really clicked with me... which made me check to see what else I might want to check out from them. I downloaded the songs from their 1992 album, World Of Fire, and immediately knew I was going to need to buy it.
It amazes me that I can go this long without hearing some of these 90's hardcore records. My work is never done.
Look, World Of Fire, isn't going to be the best thing I've discovered this year, but I'm having a great time finally getting to know it. I wonder how big of an impact this would have had on me if I'd heard it back in 1992. I can see it sitting comfortably in with the Endpoint and Outspoken albums from that year. Shame that I ignored this one for so long.


No comments:
Post a Comment