Last year I heavily got into Disembodied, Harvest and that kind of early metal influenced hardcore sound. I was still listening to those bands a lot earlier this year, and when I had a work trip back in March, I put together a playlist with those bands to listen to on my flight to Philadelphia. As the plane was sitting on the tarmac waiting to take off, I was checking my playlist and noticed that Spotify made some song recommendations based on what I'd included. In the list of songs, I noticed that Seasons from Morning Again was included there. I had bought the As Tradition Dies Slowly CD back in 1998, but I didn't like it at the time and quickly shelved it... however seeing that song recommendation sitting there for me, I wondered how I'd feel about it in 2026 and I hit play.
Fuck yes. This is exactly the kind of shit that I crave now. I was so excited over the song that I ran it back three times in a row before switching over to airplane mode and kicking off my flight playlist with Bloodlet. I could not wait to hear more from Morning Again.
I'd come up empty trying to find a copy of As Tradition Dies Slowly on colored vinyl, but after checking out the Morning Again 7 inch, My Statement Of Life In A Dying World, I had my sights set on a new target. I've found it to be more difficult than I imagined to pick up some of these 90's metallic hardcore bands, so when I discovered that I could pick up every pressing of this 7 inch, I switched to collector mode and grabbed all of them. They aren't super limited by any stretch, but I was thrilled to buy them all.First press on black vinyl with a booklet held together by twine. 2000 pressed.
Second press was limited to 2,000 for this great looking green/black/white marble. The booklet is in the same format as the first press.The third press was on clear vinyl and limited to 1200. The booklet is stapled and has a different cover.So yeah, Immigrant Sun Records made a lot of these, but the numbers don't matter. These three songs are so good, and along with the nice lookign colored vinyl and packaging, I couldn't resist buying all three. Now I need to check out more Morning Again and see what other records I can obsess over.




No comments:
Post a Comment