This year, I've spent some time hanging out in my early 2000's hardcore playlists. It feels like I don't pay nearly enough attention to those records that were released post-2000, and I'm trying to devote more time to that stuff these days.Count Me Out have been a favorite of mine from that era... probably because they were an extension of those late 90's youth crew revival bands and were keeping that spirit alive during those early 2000 years when hardcore felt a bit fractured. Of course I missed buying CMO vinyl because I was strictly purchasing CDs at the time, and I've been wanting to dip in and pick up some of their records for years, but for some reason it has felt a bit overwhelming to take that first step.
As I was obsessing over those early 2000's playlists with bands like Frostbite, The Answer and The Damage Done, Count Me Out jumped out at me. I rolled through their albums on Spotify and knew that I needed to make a move on one of their records.
Permanent is a perfect album. Lyrically it is so good, and with straight edge hardcore being in flux at that time, the line "there's certain things that even time can't change" hit me so hard. Seriously, tattoo that on my body. So when I started looking on Discogs for Count Me Out vinyl, and saw the red vinyl Permanent available at a good price, I didn't hesistate.165 pressed on red.
When I noticed that the seller had more Count Me Out vinyl for sale, I figured that I might as well scoop up the other stuff he had... starting with the clear yellow pressing of the 110 album that CMO used for their record release show. 110 pressed.The seller also had the Posi Numbers 2002 version of 110 with the Marilyn Monroe screened back cover. Number 011 0f 110 is pretty fucking cool.I love this band so much. It is a shame that it has taken me this long to finally add some of their records to my shelves, but I'm happy to start off with these. I don't need to worry about reissues, but I'd like to continue to pick up more CMO vinyl this year.




No comments:
Post a Comment