When I was talking with Marcus about Initial Records a couple of months ago, he had recommended that I also check the Roosevelt's Inaugural Parade 7 inch that the label released. The name was familiar, and it turned out that I'd owned the 7 inch, but I was also thinking that I had a split that the band had done as well. After doing some research and digging through my music, I figured out that I was thinking of the Roosevelt split with Culture, and not actually the Inaugural Parade... but that got me thinking about the band Roosevelt and wondering what else they might have done.In addition to the split with Culture, Roosevelt had only one other record... their self titled 7 inch that was released in 1996. It was only pressed on this "mixed" colored vinyl, and was cheap and easy to track down and pick up (as judged by the 25 cent price tag on the back cover of this one).These three songs have been a fantastic surprise. I love that mid-90's emo hardcore style and this fits right in the pocket of that Ebullition sound in general. Fuck, I'm in love with this record.
Blood Pact
4 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment