Friday, April 17, 2020

Steel Jaws

When I started getting into hardcore in 1990, I discovered a bunch of really cool underground record labels at the time. Revelation, Victory, Nemesis, New Age...those were high quality labels, and chances were that you would strike gold with any record they had their name on. There was one label that was kicking around at the time that seemed a bit more mysterious to me for some reason. Conversion Records. I saw their name around, and knew they were connected to New Age in some way, but for some reason most of their records didn't make it onto my radar. Sure, I had the Endpoint album and the Face Value 7 inch, but stuff like Die Hard, Blindspot, Borderline and Process, that stuff never seemed to come around and they stayed out of my reach.

When I was adding a bunch of cheap records to my cart from a discogs seller, I noticed they had the Steel Jaws 7 inch from Process. With a $3 price tag, I decided to take the chance on a blind buy, and finally check this band out.

While this didn't knock my socks off, and I wasn't losing my mind over finding some long lost treasure, this was still fun to check out. Process definitely have that late 80's/early 90's sound, and to be honest, I can hang with that style any day of the week, even when it is a bit generic sounding.

1 comment:

mcs said...

I kinda like this band. But their best release is definitely the 'Regeneration' 12". Comes on a nice looking red/blue split vinyl too. Looks like you can pick one up for only $5 these days...